Antigen Rapid Test (ART) self-test kits are made available for individuals who are worried that they may have COVID-19 and want to put their mind at ease.
ART screens for SARS-CoV-2, a virus that causes COVID-19. It is a quick screening tool to pick up any possible infection early. The test is easy to do and safe, taking only less than 20 minutes.
A – Act
– Act if you are worried that you may have COVID-19. Get at least two ART self-test kits to stock up at home just in case you need it.
– If you have any acute respiratory infection (ARI) symptoms such as fever, cough, flu, or runny nose, please do not perform any ART self testing and visit a SASH clinic listed on phpc.gov.sg.
– If you had nasal surgery in the last 4 weeks or facial surgery in the last 8 weeks, do not perform any ART self-testing at home. Instead, please visit a licensed ART provider for a private-paid ART to be conducted.
B – Be informed
– Be Informed and read how to use the ART test kits correctly, according to the manufacturers’ instructions. Instructions and requirements will vary with the brand of kits you purchased.
– Before you perform the test, please ensure the following:
a) You are in a well-ventilated room (e.g. next to an open window), away from others.
b) Find a flat surface to place your cartridge. You may need a mirror and a timer to guide you.
c) The surfaces used can be easily cleaned and wiped down (your bathroom may be a good place to conduct the test).
C – Check
– Check yourself. Clean your hands, swab both your nostrils, read, and check your own ART test according to the manufacturer’s instructions in your specific test kit.
– If your test result is positive or invalid, take a photo of your result with your identification document (NRIC/passport) next to it before disposing your ART test kit.
D – Dispose
– Dispose of the used test kit properly:
a) Bag all the used items in the test kit into one plastic bag or sealable bag and seal it.
b) Place the sealed bag into another plastic bag.
c) Tie the second bag tightly with a rubber band or cable tie.
d) Throw it into a rubbish chute or pedal bin immediately.
S – Stay Safe
– If you have a positive test or two invalid tests, please do the following:
a) Take a photo of your result with your identification document (NRIC/passport) next to it before disposing your ART test kit.
b) Mask up and avoid large crowds.
c) Visit a Swab and Send Home (SASH) clinic for a confirmatory Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test via dedicated private transport.
– If you test negative, please continue to observe safe management measures, practice good personal hygiene such as regular handwashing and wearing a mask when leaving your home.
The information above is adapted from Ministry of Health, Singapore (https://www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19/selftestart)
Call us at 6425 0443 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase
- Abbott Panbio™ COVID-19 Antigen Self Test (Nasal) 1 Test Pack or 20 Test Pack or
- SD Biosensor Standard™ Q COVID-19 Ag Test (Nasal) 1 Test Pack.
Bulk orders of more than 100 packs will be entitled to a discount.