Covid Test Kit
Rapid antigen tests, PCR tests, antibody tests. You name it. Today, there are dozens of tests to detect the novel corona virus. Most of these tests are currently intended for professional use only, in labs and medical centers.
However, the new Hotgen Corona Rapid Self-test offers the flexibility and simplicity to allow it to be used by anyone, anywhere. You can get the result in as little as 15 minutes. No need to wait in long lines, and spend the day waiting to get your corona test results. You don’t even have to leave the comfort of your own home.
The Hotgen COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Self-test can be used at home or work to test yourself, family members, coworkers, or clients, and maintain an infection-free environment.
Read on, to learn more about this product!
- High Accuracy, 99% specificity for SARS-coV-2 & Sensitivity to 96%
- Specificity and Sensitivity
- No need instrument, get results in 15 minutes
- Room temperature storage
- Sample: Human Anterior Nares Swab
- Detect the presence of viral proteins
- Identify acute or early infection
Coronarvirus (2019-nCoV) Antigen Test
- Approved and authorised by Health Science Authority and Ministry of Health
- The device is CE-marked and approved for home use by the German Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices (BfArM)
- The design of the devices conforms to the requirement of directive 98/&9/EC on In Vitro Diagnostic Medical Devices (IVDD), Annex III (6)
- Manufacturer has establish & is maintaining a quality management system which meets the testing and certification regulation requirement certifies by TUV SUD Product Service GmbH.
HOW TO PERFORM THE HOTGEN SELF-TEST?
Step 1 Preparing the test components
To perform a test, you will need:
- Sampling swab
- Sample extraction buffer tube
- Test cassette
All of these are provided in the Hotgen kit.
Step 2 Collecting the sample
The Hotgen Rapid COVID-19 self-test sample can be taken from the throat or nose:
- Gently insert the swab into your nostril until you feel some resistance.
- Make sure that you don’t touch the outside skin when going in
- Once you feel resistance, rotate the swab gently for a full turn
- Slowly remove the swab
- Tilt your head slightly upward, and open your mouth to make an “ah” sound
- Insert the swab through your mouth so that it hits the back and tonsils
- Rub the swab at least 3 times against each of your tonsils and on the back of your throat
- Slowly draw out the swab
Step 3 Preparing the sample
Now that you’ve collected the sample with the swab, you should prepare it for testing. To do this, follow these steps:
- Remove the cap off the buffer tube
- Insert the swab into the tube, and soak the tip below the fluid level
- Rotate the swab and press it at least 3 times
- Keep doing this for at least 15 seconds
- When done, remove the swab slowly while squeezing the tube around it
- Dispose properly of the sampling swab
- Recap the buffer tube
Step 4 Testing the sample
Now that your sample is treated and ready, you can go ahead and test it for SARS-CoV-2 antigens by following these steps:
- Remove the test cassette from its sealed pouch
- Put the cassette on a flat surface (a table, for example)
- Add 4 drops of the treated sample by squeezing the buffer tube over the cassette (into the “S” pit)
- Wait for 15 minutes before you interpret the result
Step 5 Interpreting the results
The rapid self-test test can detect the COVID-19 antigen in 15 minutes. If you wait more than 30 minutes, the results will become invalid. The Hotgen test is a visual test, which means that you can know the results directly from the test cassette.
The test cassette has 3 marks: “S” stands for sample, “T” stands for test, and “C” stands for control. Here’s how you can interpret the results:
- Positive: A test is positive if two red lines appear, next to “C” and “T”, regardless of how intense the line is.
- Negative: A test is negative if only one red line appears next to “C”
- Invalid: A test is invalid if no line appears next to “C”, regardless of whether there’s a line next to “T” or not. In this case, the test needs to be repeated.
After finishing the test, dispose of all the components in a hazard bag and wash your hands thoroughly.
HOW DOES THE TEST WORK?
The Hotgen Rapid COVID-19 Self-test is an antigen test that targets the nucleocapsid protein (N-protein) on the SARS-CoV-2. The test uses colloidal gold immunochromatographic technology, with the “T line” containing anti-N-protein antibodies. If the N antigen is present in the sample, it will bind to the antibodies on the “T line” and form a visible red line.
IS THE RAPID SELF-TEST ACCURATE?
Yes. The test was compared against RT-PCR results in 223 patients and was found to have:
- 96.3% Sensitivity
- 99.1% Specificity
- 97.8% Accuracy
Do contact us for more information.